The agency’s Statistics of Income Division produces the SIB each quarter and includes updated data from various tax and information returns filed by U.S. taxpayers.
- In tax year 2009, roughly 22.7 million individual income tax returns reported non-farm sole proprietorship activity, turning a reported profit of $244.8 billion
- For tax year 2008, almost 67,000 foreign-controlled domestic corporations reported combined profits of $21.8 billion
- For tax year 2008, corporations formed for the purpose of providing limited incentives to small exporters of U.S. products and certain services reported $36.5 billion in export gross receipts
- For tax year 2007, 6,675 corporations claimed a total foreign tax credit of $86.5 billion against their U.S. income tax liability
- Approximately 37,000 estate tax returns were filed for decedents who died in 2007 with total gross estates of $2 million or more, reporting a combined $224.8 billion in total assets