The VSCPA is seeking member volunteers for several committees, programs and events, and the deadline to register for the 2011-12 membership year is fast approaching.
Volunteering with the VSCPA is a great way to help others, and the Society offers opportunities for many backgrounds, interests and professional concentration. Use your skills to help your community or volunteer in a new area to develop new skills. Time commitment is up to you.
The VSCPA is looking for volunteers in the following areas:
• Conference Planning — Work with our Education Team to develop conference agendas, outline session topics, identify and secure speakers, and act as moderators for all VSCPA conferences.
• General Committees — Foster your leadership potential by serving on these committees.
• Leadership Appointments — Contribute your time through leadership appointments that have significant responsibilities for VSCPA governance.
• Legislative — Be a part of the VSCPA’s active legislative and advocacy programs.
• Public Service — Give back to the public by participating on these tax and accounting-related opportunities throughout the year.
• Task Forces — Showcase your technical expertise and help the VSCPA plan yearly events with these specialized opportunities.
• Writing & Speaking — Sign up for one-time, short-term volunteer opportunities that involve speaking, writing and other media relations activities.
The deadline to register for the upcoming year is Friday, January 21. To sign up or get more information, visit www.vscpa.com/Volunteer.