Friday, November 16, 2012

Volunteer With the VSCPA!


The VSCPA is seeking volunteers for the 2013–2014 membership year. Will you take advantage of this member benefit?

VSCPA members cite volunteer opportunities as one of the most satisfying aspects of their membership. VSCPA volunteer work provides networking opportunities, leadership development and a chance to represent your firm and your profession. In addition, all VSCPA volunteers are invited to the annual Leaders’ Summit, a free, two-day leadership training event which qualifies for CPE credit.

“I have grown tremendously personally and professionally through my involvement with the VSCPA,” VSCPA member Monique Valentine, CPA, said. “…The VSCPA has helped me grow in my current position … and has introduced me to so many great CPAs that I would never have had the opportunity to work with without my involvement at the VSCPA.”

Use your valuable professional skills to help your community or build your skills in an area where you don’t have as much experience. Your time commitment is up to you.

“I feel like volunteering is the best way to say ‘Thank you,’ to everyone that has helped give me opportunities to be successful in life and to try and provide those same opportunities to others,” VSCPA member Andrew Martin, CPA, said.
 
Visit the VSCPA Volunteer Opportunities page for more information. The deadline to sign up is Feb. 1, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting a comment on CPACafe.com! We appreciate your engagement.