Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Global Internship: Midnight in Paris

Editor's note: This is the latest in a series of blog posts from VSCPA student member Shannon Case (below), a graduate student at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). Look for more posts in the coming weeks detailing Shannon's experience as an intern in KPMG's London office.

By Shannon Case
KPMG
 
As soon as we got out of work, we hopped on a train and headed to Paris for the weekend! As soon as our train got in around midnight, we headed straight to the Eiffel Tower (hence the title Midnight in Paris). A fellow global intern is doing a rotation in Paris, so we thought it would be a great idea to visit him and share his place for the weekend. He visited us the weekend before in London and we all had an amazing time sightseeing together and sharing stories from our first weeks as interns in different countries. We knew France would be celebrating Bastille Day, so we thought it would be a great time to head to Paris.
 
On Saturday we went to Versailles which was one of the most gorgeous places I have ever visited in my life. The palace itself was magnificent, but I also loved the many gardens that surrounded the palace. At first we were unsure whether or not we would have enough time to go to Versailles, but I am so glad that we decided to go there. I would highly recommend it to anyone going to France. The Hall of Mirrors was one of my favorite places in the palace. I also loved the garden outside the Grand Trianon which was filled with white lilies and gorgeous views of the palace canals. It was a great day!

On Sunday I spent the day exploring the city of Paris. I decided to go to the Louvre and Notre Dame, but I also managed to take a river tour on the Seine which was really nice.  Touring on the river provides an entirely different view and I managed to snap some great pictures. After a day of sightseeing, I headed down to the Eiffel Tower and saw some fireworks and enjoyed some great food for Bastille Day. Our trip to Paris was a great experience and I definitely crossed many items off of my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting a comment on CPACafe.com! We appreciate your engagement.