Ferrari lists three procrastination archetypes:
- Thrill Seekers, who say they do their best work under pressure and are "probably fooling themselves"
- Solution: Complete a task ahead of time and "experience the thrill of finishing early"
- Avoiders, who seek to avoid blame and potential judgment on their strengths and weaknesses
- Solution: Keep a daily journal to help you challenge your thoughts
- Indecisives, who are paralyzed by the potential consequences of decisions, both positive and negative
- Solution: Keep the big picture in mind and move on once you've achieved your main goal.